Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Wowza. Jacy and I really sucked it up this weekend with our eating habits. We were caught in a whirlwind of Granite City/Breugger's Bagels/Marcus Theater popcorn/Blue Bunny ice cream/Al-al-al-al-al-alcohol. Okay, on a side note though, you MUST try Blue Bunny's birthday cake ice cream sandwiches. They really aren't all too terrible for you and they are probably the best ice cream sandwich I have ever had. Think Cold Stone's cake batter ice cream. Yummm!

Not only were we eating like complete crap, but we weren't working out either. We had good intensions, believe me. We set our alarm early each morning this weekend but ended up snoozing right through the wake-up calls. It's Labor Day weekend, right? We deserve a break from the daily grind, right?

Yeah, I couldn't convince myself of that either, so I ended up getting up and going to the Y today for a swim. But seriously, I don't think I'm meant for exercise. I LOVE to swim. I take it easy, go at my own pace, and sure enough an hour has past in, what seems like, 20 minutes. Today I wasn't so fortunate. Labor Day is a terrible day for lap swimming - wanna know why? Because every man, woman, and child thinks it's a great day for going to the Y. Parents have the day off so they think to themselves, "Gee, we haven't worked out for months. Why don't we get started back up with exercising and go to the Y today? We can just drop our kids off at the pool and let the lifeguards babysit them while we get back on a workout regimine." Okay parents - WAKE UP CALL - working out ONE DAY every six months is not going to keep you fit. Good intentions, but no cigar my friends.

Needless to say, my swimming workout was cut short when some asshole let 12 little boys swim in his lane (the lane right next to mine). Don't get me wrong, I typically love swimming through tidal waves every lap, but today I just wasn't in the mood.

Thanks, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment