Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ask and You Shall Receive

Word got out that our readers want us back. And rightfully so because we are probably the coolest Jess-and-Jacy combo you have ever met. In all seriousness though, I sincerely would like to apologize for the lack of blogs recently. Life kind of got in the way of our writings, but I promise I'll try to keep writing more frequently.

A few changes have happened at the J&J household. Let's play catch-up.

**UPDATE**
Jacy started hair school at the College of Hair design on September 8 and I quite frankly don't know how she does it. A)She gets up at the ass-crack of dawn every morning and actually beautifies her self to boot and B)She has to play with hair (ughhhhhh so grosss) every day.

On her first day of school, she quickly learned that the mannequin dolls she worked on had REAL human hair. How sadistic is that? I'm not an idiot, I know that they have to practice on human hair, but I kinda figured it would be on HUMANS. The thought of wigs really just freaks me out. Then to add even more nastiness to the whole idea, she decided to show me a picture of this:
Yes, this is what you think it is. Her entire classroom is lined with mannequin heads. It's like something out of the Wizard of Oz 2. Really, truly gives me the heebie jeebies.

But somehow, Jacy manages to love hair school. There's actually a light in her eye when she comes home after a long day. I think it's great that she has some sort of schedule again, too. You'll all have to get twitter and follower her (ibscoob) because she posts pictures of her updos and styles. It's going to be really fun to see her progress!


As for me and my life. Well, school and work have started back up again and I'm not liking the school part at all. I think I jinxed myself when I first said all my classes were easy. Right now, I'm holding a steady 85 percent across all my classes... awesome. I just love bad grades... I could really just use a break from it all though. I've been so busy that today's the first day I've been able to do laundry/dishes for well over two weeks. I have 7 loads of laundry to catch up on and while I was putting dishes in the dishwasher I came across mold everywhere.


I've also been slacking on the work-out part, too. But I have tried to eat healthier. So far, since starting this whole blog thing, I've dropped around 5-7 pounds (depending on how much water I've had when I step on the scale!) I really want to keep this going. I just bought a bridesmaid's dress for my friend, Heather's wedding and I really feel like it's a dress that I can adjust if I do lose some weight. And it was a little smaller size than I thought it'd be, so that's a plus!

Jacy keeps tossing around the idea of running and training for a 10K or half-marathon. I can't run to my car and back without dry heaving, so I may have to flush this idea down the toilet. But I think it may be cool to try. Anyone have any tips for half-marathon training?

Well, I've just about chatted your ear off, so I'm going to get back to laundry/scrubbing mold off my sink. Thank you all for being loyal readers!!
God Bless,
Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment