Monday, August 31, 2009

Day One by Jacy!


Hey ya'll! It's the other Schwager sister, Jacy, giving this whole blogging thing my own shot. I would just like to tell everyone not to judge my writing style when it's right next to Jessica's. We must all remember that she is an English major and is bound to write better than I do! Okay, with that stated, I can now spend time filling you all in on my side of the new QuickTrim Diet we've started!

I read Jessica's post and I know that she filled everyone in a bit on why she has chosen to go on this diet, so I feel as though I should do the same. I'm going to be honest: I currently am 5'8" tall and weigh 150 lbs, which by the standards of the BMI index is actually healthy weight. But if you were to look at a scale that I was standing on 5 months ago you would see a reading of 135 lbs. That's right ladies and gents: I've gained 15 pounds in 5 months. Actually, that's a lie. I gained it in 3. Between March and June I somehow managed to gain 15 pounds and have gained a whole 20 lbs. since I graduated. I blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol (ha), and the fact that I never work out and basically stopped caring about myself. I participated in volleyball, basketball, and ran mid-distance in track in high school and also OBSESSED about my weight. I'll be honest when I say that I had a pretty dang hot bod in high school, even though I wasn't aware of it at the time. To me, it was never good enough. This belief lead me to partake in some very unhealthy habits - some of which verged on "disorders" at times. I guess I'm speaking for myself and Jessica when I say that I know for a fact that we have always been very self-conscious about our bodies. Now, I know that it's good that I am no longer partaking in "disorderly" ways of losing weight, but I think it's about time we both start to take pride in what we look like!

Jessica was going to start this on her own and go through the 14 days, and if it worked, I was then going to do it. But we know that we have a very difficult time sticking to diets, so we thought if we both did it at the same time we would have better success.

We had our "last supper" last night at IHOP at 1 in the morning. BAD idea. We didn't get to bed until 2:30 and due to work today, we only managed to get 6 hours of sleep before having to get up again and work out. Although we may have woken up feeling like big squishy piles of poop from the greasy IHOP, the point is that we actually woke up! I didn't have time to work out for the full hour at once like she did due to the fact that I had to get ready for work, but I still put in a good 45 minutes of running on the treadmill and stationary biking, while she worked her bumoley off on the elliptical and treadmill for a whole hour. As she stated, after we worked out, our pills had kicked in and we were WIRED by ten in the morning. After a bland breakfast, I got ready for work, ate a bland lunch, and then headed off to get my butt kicked by a 9 hour shift at the Olive Garden. I got to work and seriously could feel the QuickTrim working. My body temperature heated up and I just sweated consistently. Then I also realized that I was slaving over steaming gallons of soup, and considered that might have had something to do with it as well.

I barely got a 15 minute break between work shifts, so I hustled over to the mall and stopped by Subway and asked for a chicken breast. Yep, just one chicken boob was all I wanted. After negotiating past two completely befuddled employees, Subway managed to provide me with a chicken breast and some green peppers...all for the low cost of $0.54. No joke. And it was a dang good chicken breast too (and I took it with 2 more QT pills). The funny part about this all is that I expected it to cost more and ended up purchasing a $0.54 chicken breast with my debit card. My bank's going to think I'm a nutter. Woops.

Okay, I'm getting windy. I'll try to make this quick. The two more pills jacked me up and helped me make it through another 4 1/2 hours of serving countless Neverending Pasta Bowls. I made it home, ate some turkey breast and grapes, got geared up, and went back down to the fitness center to put in another hard half hour of sweat.

For once in my life, I feel determined to actually complete this goal. I'm one of those people who never actually sets goals for fear of not reaching them. That's why we want it to share it with people. YOU hold us accountable for achieving this. And hopefully, we can do our part in helping to make somebody else who reads this realize it's possible to achieve theirs as well. That may sound Corny Collins, but it's super true. :)

Now, I'm off to take my four nightime "cleanse" tablets. Pardon my French, but I'm crossing my fingers that they don't make me shit my brains out.

Stay tuned!

Mwah!
Jacy Louise

P.S. The picture is one taken from November of 2007 and then one taken from July of 2009. I'm using the cowgirl one as motivation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment