Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Change

Almost a year ago, Jacy and I started this blog in order to lose some weight on the QuickTrim diet by the Kardashians. Just short of starving ourselves, we stopped the diet after a few days. We both lost the damn receipts, so so much for getting our money back. Ironically, I ended up packing on even more weight over the past year and finally decided for a self-realization. I've recently gotten into "Losing It," the Jillian Michaels weight loss show, and have realized I'm on a fast track to being one of those people. I do the same things they do. I eat shit I shouldn't be eating and I LIE about it. Back in Nebraska, I was literally sneaking fast food BEFORE I went home to eat supper. I would never go into fast food restaurants (God forbid) because I didn't want anyone to see that I was one of those fat people who ate fast food. So, instead, I went through the drive-thru and then would find a remote parking lot or alley way and eat my grease in peace. I'd make sure to hide the evidence as soon as I was done eating and then lie to everyone about what I ate. Now I've come to find that I've only been lying to myself.

I've always been a big girl, but I'm sick of that excuse. There's no reason to be a big girl anymore. That was someone else. I was at my skinniest my senior year of high school. I might have been skinny because I was suffering some weird depression issues (yeah, you should read my journal from that year...yikes), but that's besides the point. Even at my "skinniest," I was never considered "skinny."

So, why not make a drastic change in my life and be skinny for once? I just want to know how it feels to not wear XL shirts all the time. I want to know what it's like to go into a store and have EVERYTHING look good on me. I want to be more than just a "pretty face."

I officially started this journey when I moved to Dallas at the end of June. Since I joined a gym at the beginning of July, I've already lost 5.9 pounds. (In 9 days). My body knows it needs to shed the weight and is encouraging me. Now I just need to be persistent.

No more sneaking fast food. No more lazy lifestyle. I hope that the next time many of you will be seeing me I will be a completely different person.

Please post any hints/tips here! I would love to hear feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment